Making an Impact is the theme of Sutton Centre for Voluntary Service's annual trustee event which is to take place next month.
Sutton police are to continue to patrol parts of the Sutton West area of the borough after continued concern about parking.
"We have leafleted Tate Road and Norman Road following reports of nails being embedded in the side wall of vehicles in such a way that it could only have been done so deliberately.
"Residents have been very supportive of our actions in trying to prevent what appears to be a deliberate act of criminal damage and have said they will contact police on 999 if anyone is seen acting suspiciously.
"However, it has been brought to our attention that a number of messages have been left on cars telling drivers not to park outside certain addresses in streets that have no parking restrictions - despite motorists being entitled to park in such areas.
"We will continue to patrol local roads in uniform and plain clothes and will take action against anyone causing criminal damage to vehicles."
Other incidents that have occured in this area of the borough include:
- tools were stolen from a white van in Grove Avenue between 18:00hrs on Monday, 5 October and 06:30hrs on Tuesday, 6 October after a quarter light window had been smashed
- nothing was taken from a van parked near the junction of Grove Road and Sutton Park Road on Monday, 5 October after a front quarter light had been smashed. Nothing was stolen
If you have any information that could assist, please get in touch. Details are:
Sutton West Safer Neighbourhoods Team:
Tel: 020 8721 2498
Beddington North Safer Neighbourhood Team has announced the dates of its next drop in surgeries.
Residents are welcome to come and meet the team and to raise any issues or concerns they may have about the neighbourhood. They will be available as follows:
Saturday, 28 November 11am - Pavilion Cafe
Wednesday, 16 December 10am - Asda
Also the team has listed incidents that have occured in the area recently:
a motorcycle was stolen from the front garden of an address in Wandle Road on Thursday, 15 October between 18:25-20:25hrs
- intruders damaged the wiring of two Dakeuchi diggers causing £400 damage at Sherwood Park School in Streeters Lane on Thursday, 15 October at 21:00hrs
- three males dressed in black with their faces covered attempted to steal a moped from Church Lane on Friday, 16 October at 19:25hrs
- a driver made off without paying for fuel from the Shell service station in Beddington Lane on Friday, 16 October at 19:30hrs
- a female who remained in a cab having dropped off her friend in Nicholas Road found a male suspect got in the vehicle and touched her on the leg in the early hours of Sunday, 18 October
- items were stolen from a vehicle parked at Asda, Marlowe Way, on Thursday, 22 October at 11:30hrs
- a motorcycle and its rider being pushed by two people led to the motorcycle colliding with a parked vehicle in Capel Avenue on Friday, 23 October at 22:20hrs
- front and rear number plates were stolen from a vehicle outside Beddington Park Primary School between 12noon on Saturday, 24 October and 09:00hrs on Sunday, 25 October
If you have any information that could assist, please get in touch. Our details are:
Beddington North Safer Neighbourhoods Team:
Tel: 020 8721 2496
Mobile phone theft and car park damage are just some of the incidents which have been publicised by Sutton Police that have taken place recently in the Wallington North part of the borough
- a mobile phone was stolen in a hallway of a property in Osmond Gardens undergoing building work on Tuesday, 1 September at around 12 noon after the front door had been left open
- a property in Bernard Road was burgled on Tuesday, 1 September between 07:00 - 17:20hrs after the front door had been forced open
- a vehicle was found with a window smashed and its doors open in Morton Gardens between 23:00hrs on 1 September and 07:40hrs on Wednesday, 2 September. Nothing was reported stolen
- a leaf blower was stolen from the rear of a vehicle in Arcadia Close on Wednesday, 9 September at 14:19hrs
- a motorbike was stolen from a driveway in Melbourne Road between 22:00hrs on Tuesday, 29 September and 08:20hrs on Wednesday, 30 September. The motorbike was recovered nearby
- work tools were stolen from a van in Millpond Place between 21:00hrs on Wednesday, 30 September and 07:45hrs on Thursday, 1 October
- suspects tampered with a front door causing the burglar alarm to go off at an address in Bute Road on Sunday, 4 October between 22:00-22:15hrs
- a Sat Nav was taken from the front of a camper van parked in Taylor Road between 16:30hrs on Monday, 5 October and 08:30hrs on Tuesday, 6 October. The owners are unsure whether the vehicle was locked
- a Sat Nav was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in St Christopher’s Mews between 4-8 October
- a vehicle’s windscreen was damaged in Maldon Road between 20:30hrs on Thursday, 8 October and 07:20hrs on Friday, 9 October
- a hole was punched in the driver’s door and the rear doors of a vehicle parked at Westcroft Leisure Centre on Saturday, 10 October between 12:15-14:15 hours
- a potential buyer asked to test drive a car but drove off without returning in Alcester Road on Monday, 19 October between 18:45-18:55hrs
- power tools were stolen from a van in Park Lane on Monday, 26 October between 12:40-12:50hrs
If you have any information that could assist us, please get in touch. Our details are:
Wallington North Safer Neighbourhoods Team:
Tel: 020 8721 2495
Sutton Police has issued details of the latest incidents in the South Sutton area of the borough.
damage was caused to a front door after its spyhole appeared to have melted at Argyle House, Sutton Court, Brighton Road between 19:00hrs on Friday, 2 October and 01:30hrs on Saturday, 3 October.
- a mobile phone belonging to a female was stolen whilst she attended air cadets at Robin Hood School on Tuesday, 29 September between 19:30-21:00hrs
- a driver has been reported for driving without due care and attention following a collision involving two cars in Langley Park Road on Thursday, 8 October at 14:45hrs. A passenger in one of the vehicles suffered minor injuries
- money was stolen from a vehicle in Albion Road between 09:00hrs on Saturday, 3 October and 09:00hrs on Sunday, 4 October after a window had been smashed
- a man had £700 stolen from his account after his new card and PIN were stolen from a shared letterbox at Kingscroft House, Cedar Road between 30 September - 6 October
If you have any information that could assist please get in touch. Details are:
Sutton South Safer Neighbourhoods Team:
Tel: 020 8721 2497
The St Raphael's Hospice annual Light up a Life carol service will be held on Sunday 6th December .
Christmas carols and prayers will be sung and said to celebrate the life of past family and friends, remembered through the lights that shine through Christmas and into the New Year on the hospice “Tree of Light”.
Sutton Centre for Independent Living and Learning is offering a career with real job satisfaction and in doing so assisiting people to live independent lives.
The role is to become a Personal Assistant.
You could be paid to support someone shopping, with their domestic chores and/or personal care, to socialise or with their paperwork. Jobs vary as much as the people looking for assistance. They can be from an hour to live in and you should be able to find hours to suit your circumstance.
The jobs are in Wallington, Carshalton, Sutton, Cheam and Worcester Park. To find out more visit the PA Network. The PA network is a unique facility which enables Personal Assistants to upload they're details for potential employers to view. Employers can also add they're current vacancies to the PA Network for PA's to apply for with a click of the mouse. The Network is free to join and is designed to be accessible to all.
For ful details go to NETWORK