Headteacher Vivien Jones has issued the following statement;
"I have received official notification from the National Union of Teachers as well as Support Staff unions, the GMB and Unison, of a call for strike action next Thursday 10th July.
There are over 54 members of the teaching staff who belong to the NUT and a number of support staff in Unison and the GMB, making it impossible for the school to undertake a normal working day.
I regret therefore that the school will be closed to students in Years 7 to 10 but would ask for your support to ensure students undertake the following during the course of the day and have the necessary books at home to be able to do so:
• Continue or complete any outstanding aspects of coursework/homework
• Revise or re-visit topics they have studied to reinforce their learning
• Undertake reading, either around subjects being studied or for pleasure as they are encouraged to do in English lessons (students may borrow books from the school Learning Resource Centre and should organise doing so by next Wednesday)
• Year 12 will undertake their work experience as planned
• Year 10 will have specific work set that will be e-mailed out to students, available on FROG or via a link on the website
The school site will be open on Thursday 10th July and contact can be made as normal."