Officers led by Sgt Andy De'Voreaux, of Worcester Park and Nonsuch Safer Neighbourhoods Teams, set up roadside checkpoints in Central Road, Worcester Park by the train station and in London Road, North Cheam, on Friday, 27 November.
Two vans were seized for having no insurance and one driver was issued with a fixed penalty notice for driving whilst using a mobile phone. Police used their powers of stop and search on two further drivers.
During November burglaries were reported in:
- Washington Road after a conservatory window had been smashed
- Boscombe Road after a back door was forced open
- St Philip's Avenue after a front door had been forced with a garden spade
- Clarkes Avenue after a rear door had been smashed
- Pondside Avenue, off Boscombe Road where a bike was stolen from a communal hallway
Safer Neighbourhoods Inspector Neil Tyre said the roadside checks was one of a number of tactics being used by police to combat burglary. "We have a number of operations running and we will continue to set up roadside checkpoints to get the message across that criminals are not welcome in this borough," he said.
Caption: Police seize a van for no insurance