Once identified and approved, all parking restrictions require further investigation which would normally include the following:
- site visits; problem diagnosis, analysis, solution development, traffic flow and safety assessment
- production of scheme drawings
- informal public consultation with residents/businesses
- revision of scheme drawings following informal consultation (if required)
- formal Traffic Order consultation to enable Council enforcement
- determination of responses and objections
- issuing a works instruction to contractors and supervising the implementation on the ground
- liaison with Councillors, members of the public, road users and businesses
- liaising with Parking Services over matters of enforcement.
The following link will bring you to our informal consultation set up which includes every proposal split by local area, complete with drawings and an online opinion form to be completed. At the end of this process all of the forms will be collated and reviewed to aid Sutton Council in providing the best possible solution in each area.